Reconciliation out by 1 cent

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Kathy_B
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reconciliation out by 1 cent

I am reconciling a bank account and it is out by 1 cent but all the entries are correct. I have narrowed it down to just one day and all the entries are correct, the bank balance is correct but it still shows it's out by 1 cent. It seems to be a glitch.

1 REPLY 1
Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

302Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Reconciliation out by 1 cent

Hi there @Kathy_B,

Welcome to the Community Forum - we do hope you find it a valuable tool.

The inability to reconcile your bank account due to a 1 cent rounding error is a known issue within AccountRight. The issue arises from a payroll transaction that contains 4 decimal places when rounding.

If the payroll transaction is in the current payroll year, you can simply delete the pay and re-enter it, manually overtyping the amounts.

Alternatively, you can also have the file sent in for a datafile repair. I have sent you a private message - please do get back to me with the requested information if you'd like to opt for this option.

On a final note, we are pleased to inform you that this issue has officially been resolved as of AccountRight v2015.4 - while datafiles that contained this error from prior versions will need to have this fixed up, once that's done, the issue should no longer occur again.

Please don't hesitate to post again anytime you require.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post