STP REPORTING WHEN MYOB NOT IN CLOUD

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JANELLE
Experienced Cover User
186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

STP REPORTING WHEN MYOB NOT IN CLOUD

We currently have 2 companies that originally were one. All staff stayed with the one company but as of 1st July we are looking at shifting 2 staff members over to the other company. This company is not setup in the CLOUD, how do you report wages through STP when company not in the CLOUD and what else is required to shift 2 staff members from one company to the other. Bear in mind both companies are owned by the same Directors.

If you could advise on this please ASAP would be appreciated.

many thanks

Janelle

6 REPLIES 6
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: STP REPORTING WHEN MYOB NOT IN CLOUD

Hi @JANELLE 

To report through STP, an AccountRight file needs to have a subscription assigned to it so that it can access the live services. So if you have two files that need to report STP figures then you will need two subscriptions. Do note that we offer discounts for additional subscriptions on the same serial number.

In terms of moving the employees from one file to another, with regards to STP there’s a couple of considerations to keep in mind. If you are going to enter in the employees pay history into the new file, you’ll need to zero out the employee’s YTD figures in the previous file before reporting a zero dollar pay to the ATO. This updates their figures to be zero so that when the first pay in the same payroll year is reported from the new file, that will bring through the pay history from the new file.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JANELLE
Experienced Cover User
186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

I already have 2 companys in the CLOUD, what is the cost to have another one in the Cloud so that STP reporting can happen.  What is the process for this and what do I have to do for this to happen.?

If you could please advise.

many thanks

JANELLE
Experienced Cover User
186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

We are loooking at moving the employees over as of 1st July 2020 - New Financial Year.  What do I have to do in regards to STP on the existing Cloud to then on the new company.

Please advise

Janelle

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @JANELLE 

If you have multiple online files under the same serial number, then generally speaking your invoice should have one subscription at full price and then the other subscriptions at the discounted price. Do note that we do run promotions from time to time so the price you have on the invoice may have changed.

If the employees are being transferred on the first on the new payroll year, then they would need to be finalized as normal in the old file as if they were going to continue in the old file. In the new file the employees would need to be set up and paid in the new file. Since this is a new payroll year there would be no payroll history that needs to be transferred over.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JANELLE
Experienced Cover User
186 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

186Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,  Thankyou for yur reply.  IF we are going to put this 3rd file in the CLoud what do I have to do to makae this happen and and what cost would this be?

Please advise

Janelle

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @JANELLE 

If you wanted to put a third file on the cloud you would need to take out a subscription, which can be obtained by speaking with our phone based team. Once the subscription has been taken out then you can upload the file to the cloud and set up the other live services available to online files.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post