Subscription fee increase from Sept 2019

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
109 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

109Posts

42Kudos

1Solutions

Subscription fee increase from Sept 2019

I just received an email stating that my monthly subscription fee is increasing from $130 to $140 per month or $1680 a year.

How can an over 7% increase be even remotely justified especially in light of the constant and remaing issues with AR2109.2?

I cannot see the value and simply just have to look at all competing products as I feel MYOB decision makers in this case have just not understood their user frustrations.  When inflation cannot crack 2% and many small businesses like my own see costs rising with constrainsts on trying to increase our own prices.  

When I spend money on capital outlays in my business I DON'T recoup the costs by increasing my prices, I actually try to increase my sales volume, I guess though MYOB feels the revenue increase will be covered by those that drop out and so be it...

I would have thought that as a sign of good will and considering so many issues need resolving the email should have read..."we have decided to maintain your current subscription fee for the next year to reward you for your "blind" loyalty...

From the email....

As we invest in technology to make your business be the best it can be – we’ve increased the price of your subscription to $140* starting from September 2 2019. You’ll still get great bang for your buck at just $35.00 per week though. (Don’t forget that any excess bank feeds usage will be billed the month after the transaction limit has been passed).

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
35,597 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

35,597Posts

4,787Kudos

5,200Solutions

Re: Subscription fee increase from Sept 2019

Hi @Albare 

Thank you for your feedback in regard to the price of your subscription. We do regularly review the cost of our subscription and constantly look at providing additional benefits for clients with our subscriptions. For example, in recent times we have added:

• Payroll reporting - comply with Single Touch Payroll requirements.
  • Two-Factor Authentication
  • Document attachments on Spend Money
  • Added enhancements around the In Tray including a unique email address for each business 

This is in addition to the current benefits of an AccountRight subscription such as Live services, extended phone support and discounts on training.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Well said, They are certainly in no rush to fix the column issue !! We are starting to look at what other options are out there for our business.. 

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Why doesn't MYOB concentrate on fixing all the problems instead of introducing even more changes that cause further problems - and then have the cheeck to increase our subscrition in the wake of the mess they have created.

And this comes shortly after the increase on 01/07/2019 to $130 p/m.

I find that as the fee increases, the support becomes more useless. We are paying for increased frustration. 

It's worth exploring other options. 

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
109 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

109Posts

42Kudos

1Solutions

I just remembered ..you're right the fee rose form $120 to $130 and now $140 in the space of a few months and is totally unacceptable in light of the current problems we face....that's a 16+% increase since July 2019...nothing reasonable about this at all....and look at what competitors charge, some are half this and lower.

Maybe MYOB can provide the advantages of AR2019 over their competitors or what is offered that is unique to AR2019.xx

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
109 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

109Posts

42Kudos

1Solutions

With the greatest of respect Steven, if MYOB didn't provide STP functionality then no-one would remain using it.

I consider this no different to me having to add a biocide to one of my formulas because the government legislated it had to take place and if i didn't I would lose all my customers.

Let's say ...If MYOB has 250,000 subsciptions and pulled in another $20 per month per subscriber ...that's an increase of $60million per annum.....I think I could organise software developers to add the new features well within $60Mill, and remember we are talking about the new charges, we still have the remaining $100/month/year/ per subscriber...$300mill.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
35,597 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

35,597Posts

4,787Kudos

5,200Solutions

Hi @Albare 

Thank you for your additional feedback in regards to the pricing of your subscription.

If you would like to send me a private message on this Forum with your product serial number and the best contact number, I would be happy to arrange for someone to reach out to ensure that you are on the correct pricing for your product/needs.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
109 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User