account edge disapeared

modularmowers
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

account edge disapeared

hello there in myob land i wonder if anyone can help me i have been a myob user since it started i think late 1990 if my memory serves me right the company was called sausage i run accountedge V9.6.1 on desk top mac i do notting fancy all i do is debit and credit and reconcile bank statement every mount no payroll,stock control etc. i take my backup to my accountant to do the rest

well i turn it on to do an invoice and the window pop up for conformation code ,rang myob after long time waiting as we all know a male voice supply me with a code number after entering the code number and i start to entered a invoice i realize something was not right when i checked some previouse invoices they are all from the financial year 2011/12 instead the financial year 2022/23 backups and memory stick all show old financial year when i open them, contacted myob again and its advice was its not there fault it is in my computer.

question 1  is it possible to retrieve the lost files ? and where to look

2  if not ! can i forward end of year settings to 2022 and re-enter all my data ,yes i know it is a pain 

but that part of it can be done

3  activate a new file from the accountedge file on the computer

if i can forward the file to 2022 i might be able to keep invoice heading , if not i will use myob invoice

thank you very much

leo

5 REPLIES 5
Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,413 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,413Posts

58Kudos

107Solutions

Re: account edge disapeared

Hi @modularmowers,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the Community Forum! I appreciate you reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience. I'll be more than happy to help you with this. Let's try to find your recent file that has financial year 2022/2023 before we proceed to your second and third questions. We can find your file using this article Finding AccountEdge files and let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,413 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,413Posts

58Kudos

107Solutions

Hi @modularmowers,

Thank you for your patience. I'll be closing this thread now. If you still have any concerns, please feel free to post in our Community Forum.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

modularmowers
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

hello isaiah

thanks for you help i found 5 files at present i put them on desktop and are as follows

modular mowers  1pm.myo

modular mowers  ent 1.bak

modular mowers  nt-1.myo

modular mowers  7 am.bak

modular mowers  7 am.myo

i dont know what that all means but i can open them by click on file open with account edge (13.5.5)

the accountedge icon on desk top tells me cant open files

please advise what to do next

thanks leo

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,413 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,413Posts

58Kudos

107Solutions

Hi @modularmowers,

Thank you for letting us know and for the information. Please provide me with a screenshot of the error so I can further look into this.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

modularmowers
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

hello isaiah

i used to activate myob by click on icon next to trash bin then the account edge window in centre of screen pop up click on open to activate current (2022/23 )myob files

now it activate a file from 2011

if i click on any modular mowers file in centre of the screen and click on file l/h top corner select open with accountedge 13.5.5 it open 2022/23 file

i still have myob upgrade cd accountedge V9.6.1 if that is any help

thanks mate

regards leoScreen Shot 2023-10-21 at 9.33.57 am.png

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post