exceptionally poor customer service by MYOB

DuncanN
4 Posts
User

4Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

exceptionally poor customer service by MYOB

I cannot believe how long MYOB keeps their customers on hold when they ring in for assistance. I gave up after 2 hours today. I try never to call them because I am invariably kept on hold for an hour or more. But after 2 hours on hold today, that is ridiculous.

I keep making formal complaints and suggesting that they provide a callback service. They respond to my complaints, continually making every apology under the sun, and agreeing that I should not have to be kept on hold for so long and that they are addressing the issue. 

Originally, you would be on hold and you had no idea how long you would have to wait. Their latest service told me that I would have a 27 to 31 minute wait.  After 86 minutes, the message said that there would be a wait time of 1 to 5 minutes. 

After 89 minutes somebody answered. It ended up that they could not help me but would put me through to the payroll/superannuation service. They said that it showed that there was a 15 minute wait for that service. I begged to be provided with a call back service by this area. They said no. I asked for a direct number. They said no. I was transferred and then received a voice message stating that there was a 40 to 44 minute wait period before being answered. No words can describe how disappointed I was with this service. I waited for another 15 minutes before hanging up. That was more than 2 hours on the phone for nothing.

When will MYOB actually provide a 'service' to their customers, instead of a 'disservice'?

The simple solution is to provide a callback service. 

MYOB, will you please address this asap so that we can run our businesses servicing our customers, instead of being kept on hold for over 2 hours!

13 REPLIES 13
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Re: exceptionally poor customer service by MYOB

Hi @DuncanN 

As most of our phone-based teams are inbound based we typically don't offer a callback system on our phone-based queues.

In saying that, if you do have a question relating to the software you are more than happy to ask it on this Forum, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

DuncanN
4 Posts
User

4Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

Of course your phone teams are inbound. If we want help we have to call your designated number. What is the big deal having a service where your customer can request a call back?

Or are you happy for your customers to be kept on hold for more than 2 hours at a time?

What type of customer service is that?

Duncan

Bernice
3 Posts
User
New Zealand

3Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I'm afraid I agree.

I've just spent half and hour and still waiting to speak to someone at MYOB to help solve a problem that never used to occur.

ie Invoices and statements that are sent are not appearing as sent on the email.

I'm pretty busy and it's lunchtime. Do I keep hanging on? I have other things to do.

(We're a newspaper too incidentally).

It's not really a service you're offering is it?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

HI @Bernice 

If you would like to start a new post on this Forum, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist with that one.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Greenheart
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

70Kudos

0Solutions

Well said Duncan

Customer service is a disgrace

Bramley1
1 Post
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

2 hours and 40 minutes yesterday! Over 3 hours today and I am still on "position 3 on the queue".

After 1.25 minutes someone finally took the call, just to let me know it was the wrong department.

Loud music on the background, they really don't care.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Hi @Bramley1 

If you do have a query you are always welcome to post it here on this Forum. I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist with that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Melissa_IKTB
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

As a Bookkeeper that has used MYOB for over 17 years, I must say this latest update is an absolute disgrace. I have 20 clients (probably 8 or so on myob) and i'm slowly moving them all to xero. I will happily offer this transfer for free to my clients if it means i never have to use this program again. We all thought MYOB Essentials was bad but how a previously successful accounting program can go backwards with this latest update after so many years in the industry is beyond me.

I highly recommend everyone move their bookkeeping to Xero, MYOB is no longer sustainable in this industry. 

Andre-Oz
1 Post
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I am absolutely disgusted and frustrated at MYOB's lack of service/support to existing customers. When you phone to enquire about a new product, you are on the line with someone within seconds...while when you call for assistance as an existing customer, I have repeatedly been advised that the waiting time is 60-90 minutes, without the option for a call back.

I have 2 subscriptions with MYOB and reconsidering both. Feedback from colleagues who are Xero users is that they get much better support from Xero to customers!!!

For potential new users - consider Xero or alternatives, before signing up with MYOB. Looks all rosy with MYOB...until they sign you up!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post