Invoices displaying price column to 5 decimal points instead of 2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ComfortZone
2 Posts
User
New Zealand

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Invoices displaying price column to 5 decimal points instead of 2

The price column on our invoices has suddenly started printing prices with 5 figures after the decimal point instead of 2. The sub total column is fine, and we've checked the inventory list and the prices per unit are showing with the usual 2 figures after the point, so what is happening when the unit price is imported into the invoice and it suddenly shows and prints with 5 figures after the decimal point?

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Invoices displaying price column to 5 decimal points instead of 2

Hi @ComfortZone 

The Unit Price within the Enter Sales window can have up to 6 decimal places.  This is hardcoded and not able to be changed to always reflect a 2 decimal place system, although, the number can be manually overtyped to be a 2 decimal place number if required - Note: this may have an effect on the Total.

In saying that, when printing an invoice you can have the system use 2 decimal places or up to 6 decimal places. This is done by the relevant column that you add to the invoice table on the customise form. If you use the Ex Price 2/Inc Price 2 on your customise form it will be 2 decimal places on the printed/emailed invoice whereas Ex Price or Inc Price will do up to 6 decimal places.

You can see and adjust the column used on the customise form via Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices>>Item>>Selecting the desired form and Customise. Within the Customise Form window, you can right-click on the invoice table and select Show/Hide Columns before selecting the desired column. Our Help Article: Add tables to forms has more information on that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

ComfortZone
2 Posts
User
New Zealand

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much!  That helped solve the problem quick smart!!   Easy when you know how.

IvyMcG
Contributing Partner
12 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for this, I have been struggling for a while with a client with this issue. I will be cusomising the invoice tonight.

Will let you know if it works

vt12
Experienced Cover User
68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

68Posts

47Kudos

0Solutions

Great that I can change to 2 decimals, but my invoice detail is in a table.  How can I change just the unit price column in the table to the alternative Field?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @vt12 

A user can update their columns on the customise form using the following process:

1. Navigate to Setup>>Customise Forms
  2. Choose the desired type, layout and form
  3. Select Customise
  4. Within the Customise Forms window, right-click on the table and select Show/Hide columns
  5. Choose the desired column on the left-hand side and select Show> (To remove unwanted columns, highlight it before selecting <Hide).
  6. Select Ok

The above process adds the required column to the forms table. You may want to resize or reorder the columns.

For more information on this topic please see Help Article: Add tables to forms

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post