Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Basics of using the software

Apologies if I have sent this to the wrong community forum.

I have been working towards starting my own business in 2009. In those days would have probably used a paper-based invoicing and record keeping system. However. These days with every man and his dog having an email address (and Instagram it seems). I am planning to at the start keep neccessary records eg invoices in Microsoft Excel. Learn the procedural stuff about Accounting v16. Build up competency and confidence. Matters such backup routine etc eventually.

However, at this point. The problem is this. Boot up my Dell laptop. I get the welcome screen for MYOB Accounting. It requests a password for Explore the Sample Company. (I set up the password this year if my memory is correct.) I am wondering if I walked into this eg like a person setting up a password in Word or PowerPoint document and forgetting almost as soon as created it. Or is it a bug in the well crafted and functional program with good UI.  I am happy to share screen grabs if that is needed. To share specs eg OS, etc as well. Think they would both be helpful.

Would appreciate very kind and long baring tips as I take definite baby steps in this journey. Thank you! :)

• Hi BJensen 

Unless you have set a password, leave the password field blank - user name must be Administrator. Once you set a password, you will need to enter it to access the file.

Regards

Gavin

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi BJensen 

Unless you have set a password, leave the password field blank - user name must be Administrator. Once you set a password, you will need to enter it to access the file.

Regards

Gavin

BJensen
      User

Hi Gavin

Thanks for the helpful tips. I really appreciate that!

I have set the password. Thought that MYOB would not 'let me in' if that field was blank. Oh dear. Is there a way to revert to blank password at this point. Some technical trick to fool it. I would prefer to not need uninstall and then reinstall if it can be helped.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Bryce

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi BJensen 

No you would need to get the password reset by MYOB. In all likelihood if this is a clearwater sample file it would have expired by now anyway. Simply start a new file - don't add a password unless you are going to remember/write it down somewhere safe.

Regards

Gavin