Forum Discussion

MyAccountsHat
Experienced Cover User
12 days ago
Solved

Card File Query

Hi All 

I'm unsure whether this should be a question here or in the development and feedback forum but there are a couple of things I find very frustrating about the card file functionality and how it doesn't cross over to transaction posting; and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong somewhere?

To give you the examples, we work on cash accounting so, asside from the payroll, transactions are only posted to MYOB after they're processed through our bank account, and I use the bank feeds to update MYOB.  I spend a lot of time setting up cards so there is as much information as possible on them, including populating the payment memo to make posting transactions quicker, and setting the GST defaults for the card.  However, when you come to post transactions neither of these defaults (payment memo info and GST codes) work.  The payment memo info is overwritten by the bank feed data (which is mostly garbage because it has the bank transaction on it, which means nothing), and the GST defaults to whatever the default for the account code being posted to is, rather than the default for the card file.  Is there anything that can be done to make the transaction data default to what is on the card file instead? 

It's very frustrating to spend time setting something up only for it to have no effect in practice.  

• Hi MyAccountsHat

I totally get where you're coming from. It'd be super handy to have those payment memos and tax codes prefilled for transactions from bank feeds.

Right now, though, if the transactions were created from the bank feed window, it just grabs the data from the bank feed transaction automatically. But hey, if you think it's a feature worth adding, why not toss it up on the Ideas Exchange board? That way, it might get some love in future updates.

And of course, if you need any other help, feel free to start up a new thread in the forum.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve 

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MyAccountsHat

I totally get where you're coming from. It'd be super handy to have those payment memos and tax codes prefilled for transactions from bank feeds.

Right now, though, if the transactions were created from the bank feed window, it just grabs the data from the bank feed transaction automatically. But hey, if you think it's a feature worth adding, why not toss it up on the Ideas Exchange board? That way, it might get some love in future updates.

And of course, if you need any other help, feel free to start up a new thread in the forum.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve