Forum Discussion

5 months ago
Solved

Downgrading AccountRight Plus to Business Lite

Hi

We are currently using AccountRight Plus but the company is no longer trading and we don't require an active payroll function on this subscription.  We would however need to beable to view past payroll transactions and complete a basic bank reconciliation and intercompany journals.

If we cancel the AccountRight Plus subscription and downgrade to Business Lite:

• can I still access the payroll information as a read only function (and if so for how long?)
  • is there any other information that I will not beable to access once if we downgrade to Business Lite (we do not use multicurrency or inventory)

Thank you

• Hi, DonnaR1

Thanks for your post.

If you don't have an active subscription and can only view a read-only file, you will need to restore a backup locally. To do this, please refer to the steps provided below:

• Start AccountRight, and in the Welcome window that appears, click Restore a backup file.
    • The Restore Backup File window appears. You can also get to this window in AccountRight by going to the File menu and choosing Restore.
    • Click Browse and select the backup file you want to restore.
    • Click Restore to complete the restore.

For more information regarding this, you may also check out the Help Article: Restore your company file.

Please feel free to reach out if further assistance is needed.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please don't forget to click "Accept Solution" to help other users find this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

4 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DonnaR1,

Thank you for your post. 

We provide data migration services once you downgrade your subscription from AccountRight to Business Lite. Our team helps convert data files between platforms so that all previous data can be incorporated into the updated version. Something I would like to mention here would be that migrations are feature and data-specific and they might require a Business Lite/Pro subscription depending on the transaction used in AccountRight. 

Once everything is migrated to the new platform you can cancel the AccountRight subscription and the backup will be available as Read Only. You can check out this Help Article:  Cancelling your MYOB Subscription, this is to learn more about the impacts of cancelling AccountRight Subscription in detail. 

Additionally, check this Help Article: Move to Business from AccountRight which covers a detailed FAQ on how this process works. Also, if you would like to go ahead with the migration kindly submit your details via the form provided. 

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DonnaR1,

We want to check with you about your concern. Tell us if you still need more help with this. You can contact us again if you still have other questions or concerns. We are happy to help.  

Kind Regards, 

Cel

DonnaR1
      User

Practically, how do you go about opening and viewing an AccountRight read-only file with no active subscription?

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, DonnaR1

Thanks for your post.

If you don't have an active subscription and can only view a read-only file, you will need to restore a backup locally. To do this, please refer to the steps provided below:

• Start AccountRight, and in the Welcome window that appears, click Restore a backup file.
        • The Restore Backup File window appears. You can also get to this window in AccountRight by going to the File menu and choosing Restore.
        • Click Browse and select the backup file you want to restore.
        • Click Restore to complete the restore.

For more information regarding this, you may also check out the Help Article: Restore your company file.

Please feel free to reach out if further assistance is needed.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please don't forget to click "Accept Solution" to help other users find this information.

Best regards,

Doreen