Forum Discussion

5 months ago
Solved

Keyboard Short Cuts not working

I am using AccountRight AU 2023.11.0

In mid December my Keyboard Shortcuts stopped working - I was too busy to look into, except to mention to our IT people who said that it was an MYOB problem (of course they did!!!)

I asked on an online chat with MYOB today and they said that there were no issuse.

I have looked on here and deleted everything in the Cache and still NO shortcuts.

When I open a purchase the hot keys are NOT underlined - when I hit ALT the underline appears.

When trying to record in Purchases using Alt +O it types ó.

When trying Alt +U for Use Recurring I get ú

Please help :-)

• Thanks Shella
    I have been using MYOB for a over 25 years and I have been using the shortcuts for as long as I can remember and they did work untill a few weeks ago.

My IT people say that it is an MYOB issue - Your saying its an IT issue and I am stuck in the middle with no shortcuts.

I can add and delete lines with shortcuts - just cant for any hot keys.

I can use shortcuts in all other programs.

I'll get our IT people to look at it with their glasses on!

Thanks again.

Donna

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DonnaSRM

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

I have tested this in several versions of the program today ranging from AccountRight V19 to AccountRight 2018.2, both SE and PC. My understanding is that;

• Alt+O  is available to use in the Receive Payments, Enter Sales, Receive Money or Spend Money windows. 

Alt+U is available in Enter Enter Sales, Receive Money & Spend Money.
    •  
    • Alt+Y under purchase tab when you try to record new Purchase Item

These worked in all the recent versions of the program and older ones such as V19. However, if the issue persists after that it would be best to consult an IT professional as it appears to be an environmental issue as we know the program can perform these shortcuts. We also recommend checking the regional settings in Windows, specifically the keyboard. It needs to be set to US Qwerty, not US international.  

Do let me know how it goes. 

Cheers,

Shella

DonnaSRM
      User

Thanks Shella
      I have been using MYOB for a over 25 years and I have been using the shortcuts for as long as I can remember and they did work untill a few weeks ago.

My IT people say that it is an MYOB issue - Your saying its an IT issue and I am stuck in the middle with no shortcuts.

I can add and delete lines with shortcuts - just cant for any hot keys.

I can use shortcuts in all other programs.

I'll get our IT people to look at it with their glasses on!

Thanks again.

Donna

DonnaSRM
        User

Seems that it was an IT issue and it has been fixed now.