Forum Discussion

bonzo
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Myob no longer requiring password to log in

Lately it seems Myob is able to open without a password, even after quitting & turning off computers overnight.

Seems risky.  Is this normal?  What's changed? thanks

• Hi bonzo 

Are you referring to an online file or an offline file?

If the file is online, someone has likely set your User Access to allow you to sign into the company file using the my.myob username and password. If set up this way, you do not get prompted to log into the file with a username and password - this is skipped.

Check under Setup > User Access.

Regards

Gavin

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi bonzo 

If the file is online, someone has likely set your User Access to allow you to sign into the company file using the my.myob username and password. If set up this way, you do not get prompted to log into the file with a username and password - this is skipped.

Regards

Gavin

bonzo
      Experienced Cover User

ok that did it thanks

Helen_Keegan
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Gavin

I noticed this lately too with me.  So I checked what you said and I also checked my other staff.  All of them are ticked to "This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account".   I'm the only one that does the access and I didn't change anyone.  I also noticed I am able to login without a password, but my staff are saying they have to put theirs in.  I'm a bit confused

gavin12345 wrote:

Hi bonzo 

Regards

Gavin

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Helen_Keegan and bonzo 

It's great to see that gavin12345 has provided assistance with this. If you selected "Trust this device for 30 days", then it will not ask you to sign in again every single time you open the application.

If you want to sign out at the end of the day, you can do this by simultaneously pressing ctrl + O > Online > Sign out.

Hope that helps.