Forum Discussion

janie
Contributing Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

password not required anymore

Yesterday I logged in to MYOB my password was not required, same today. MYOB had a new logon setup, I even worried about using this thinking someone had infiltrated my site, but did eventually log on using it. I have read others post and see this cannot be fixed. I feel uncomfortable and exposed.

• Hi Janie

Thanks for posting. 

I know that security is one of the most important aspects of an application. I'm sorry to hear about your worries about the safety of your information. There are two kinds of passwords and logins the application will ask you about, the User ID and the My.MYOB email. If we are referring to the User ID, there is a high likelihood that the User ID is connected to your My.MYOB email address. Hence, as long as the My.MYOB Email address is logged into the computer the application will not ask you for a User ID. If we are referring to your My.MYOB email address, we could manually log out the email address by going to the welcome screen of the application and then clicking Open a company file > Online > Logout. 

Also, if we are referring to the browser version of the app. I would suggest clearing the history and cache of the browser to clear preferences. This would result in the application asking you for your credentials while opening the file. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Janie

Thanks for posting. 

I know that security is one of the most important aspects of an application. I'm sorry to hear about your worries about the safety of your information. There are two kinds of passwords and logins the application will ask you about, the User ID and the My.MYOB email. If we are referring to the User ID, there is a high likelihood that the User ID is connected to your My.MYOB email address. Hence, as long as the My.MYOB Email address is logged into the computer the application will not ask you for a User ID. If we are referring to your My.MYOB email address, we could manually log out the email address by going to the welcome screen of the application and then clicking Open a company file > Online > Logout. 

Also, if we are referring to the browser version of the app. I would suggest clearing the history and cache of the browser to clear preferences. This would result in the application asking you for your credentials while opening the file. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve