Forum Discussion

MFreer_FC
Experienced User
6 months ago
Solved

Test Environment

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a test environment that is a copy of our current live environment that we can use to test data migration before going live with a new ERP?

Not sure where to start with this question so hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

TIA

MFreer_FC

• Hi, MFreer_FC

Thanks for your response.

Yes, you can. You may check the Help Article: Importing and exporting data for further information regarding this. Please let us know if further assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Doreen

5 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, MFreer_FC

Thanks for your post.

If you wish to have a test environment of your current live environment, you can create a backup of your company file and then restore it offline. You can only restore it offline, as any changes you’ve made to the company file online since the backup file was created will be overwritten. For more information regarding this, you can check out the Help Article: Restore your company file.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

MFreer_FC
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen, 

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know if I can then import (push) data from our new ERP into that file for testing purposes given it's offline?

Thanks

MFreer_FC

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, MFreer_FC

Thanks for your response.

Yes, you can. You may check the Help Article: Importing and exporting data for further information regarding this. Please let us know if further assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Doreen

CropServ
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen

I read your answer to setting up a Test Environment by saving a backup of our data and using it offline.

As we are trying to coordinate and test some new process as a group, who are in different locations, is there any way to have an Online Test Environment?

Thanks Michaela

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, cropserv

Thanks for your post.

If you wish to have an Online Test Environment, you can do this by using our free trial. This cannot be done using your backup file and putting it online, as it will override everything in your file. If you want to proceed with the free trial, please see our website, MYOB Plans and pricing for more information.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen