Forum Discussion

Mathilda
Trusted User
6 months ago
Solved

Two Factor Identification

Hi all - just noticed that for the last few days there was no 2-factor identification in place when I logged in?  I had to use it now to log into the MYOB Community though.  Any explanation?

• Hi, Mathilda. Thank you for this clarification and you are very much welcome!

Yes, the security has been upgraded. However, you might tick the option  "Trust this device for 30 days" right before the upgrade. This is one of the possible reasons why it is not asking for two-factor authentication using the same device. 

For us to drill down on what is causing this issue, can you please try doing this workaround: 

- Try to sign in using a different device.

- If you are using AccountRight, try to sign out. From Services, click sign out from AccountRight Live.

- If you are using MYOB Business, click on the business name at the top right of the window and Log out. 

5 Replies

Hannah_V
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Mathilda. Thank you for reaching out. 

Based on user input, we have enhanced our recently launched Identity platform to request users' login information every 12 hours instead of the previous interval of every 7 days. This modification became effective on October 18, 2023. Rest assured that we take security seriously.

If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.

Best regards,

Hannah

Mathilda
      Trusted User

Hi Hannah_V 

Thanks for your reply.  I read your answer as if the security has been upgraded, but it doesn't make sense that I was able to log in (from scratch) without having to get the pass code from my i-phone like I used to.  To me that means quite the opposite?

Hannah_V
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, Mathilda. Thank you for this clarification and you are very much welcome!

Yes, the security has been upgraded. However, you might tick the option  "Trust this device for 30 days" right before the upgrade. This is one of the possible reasons why it is not asking for two-factor authentication using the same device. 

For us to drill down on what is causing this issue, can you please try doing this workaround: 

- Try to sign in using a different device.

- If you are using AccountRight, try to sign out. From Services, click sign out from AccountRight Live.

- If you are using MYOB Business, click on the business name at the top right of the window and Log out.