Forum Discussion

Dene5
Contributing User
12 months ago
Solved

User access not working

We have some users that have access, from this morning, to the Banking tab even though it is not selected in the "user access" section.  

Is anyone else having this issue?

• Ok I have looked into the user access more thoroughly and I didn't realise that sales and purchase roles had options to access banking as part of their roles.  I have amended these roles and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you so much for your help

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Dene5 

Thank you so much for your post. We didn't received any issue/problem from the other user about this issue. I'd recommend to double check the access of the user about this. For some permissions, you can choose the level of access to give to the user. You can give them full access (Read & Write) to a window or function, or just allow them to view but not edit information in the relevant window (Read Only). For permissions that have this option, select the access level when modifying the role in the Manage Roles view of the User Access window.

This is useful for when you want to allow a user to view the detail of transactions. For example, you might give a salesperson Read Only access to the Purchases window, so they can view details of purchases recorded, but not allow them to raise a new purchase order.

Alternatively, you can make all permissions read-only for a user. Select the user account you want to set to read-only in the Manage Users view of the User Access window and then select the Read Only option. This option will override any Read & Write permissions selected for the roles assigned to the user.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

Dene5
      Contributing User

Hello

I have checked the permission of the users (User Access - Manage Users) and both of the users in question do not have any access to banking (the banking role is not ticked for them), however both have access to it.

Can this please be looked into?

Thank you

Dene5
      Contributing User

Ok I have looked into the user access more thoroughly and I didn't realise that sales and purchase roles had options to access banking as part of their roles.  I have amended these roles and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you so much for your help

• I have logged in successfully but can't access Product or Billing pages. Product page is blank. Billing goes to Bills page which says I don't have access. I am paid up (automatic mothly debit) and have never had this probem before with Business Light. Any idea what's happened? Thanks. 

• Hi Dene5

Thanks for your response. 

As per Earl_HD, as an administrator on the file after selecting the User Access of that certain user we could also edit how much that user role has access to using the Manage role tab at the top of the screen. For example, a person could have only sales access but an administrator could edit or alter the access of anyone that has sales role to access the banking screen too. I would recommend having an administrator check this under Manage Roles. 

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Cheers, 

Genreve