Forum Discussion

H-TS
Trusted User
2 years ago

No User ID on General Journal report

Further to this post, https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Journal-report-not-showing-user-ID/m-p/722427

Why is User ID selectable as a filter, and the column available to be shown if it doesn't actually work. I'm trying to monitor the transactions of a new employee and the security audit report doesn't allow me to add enough information to do this without physically clicking into EVERY transaction. 

I can set up the general journal report with these headings which would be perfect, except that even when I apply the additional filter of that person's user ID, I see every transaction modified by all staff.

Is there another way to do this?

MYOB took away filters and fields from other reports I used to use, so why leave these on this report if they no longer function as intended? I am fairly certain I used to use the General Journal report in this way at a previous job - in fact, I'm pretty sure it was MYOB support staff who told me about in the first place.

Yet another gripe to add to the growing list.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi H-TS 

As has been indicated on that particular thread you have linked, we are aware that within AccountRight 2022 when running a Transaction Journal Report with the User ID column added, that particular column will not list anything. This is something that has been passed across to the required team to investigate further.  Currently, the column is listed on that report as it is intended to display that value, however, it is being blocked by that particular situation which we have passed across to the required team. Removing that column has the potential to disrupt the report further and therefore generate more errors on that report. At this time we don't have any additional information that we can supply to the investigation into the User ID on that Transaction Journal report.

Generally speaking, using the Journal Security Audit report is a workaround to identifying the transactions are user is recording within the software.  

H-TS
      Trusted User

Thanks Steven. So yet another response from MYOB of "there's kind of a workaround so we're not bothering to allocate any resources to fixing it".

So totally over this response.

H-TS
        Trusted User

Anyone happen to know if there's an equivalent report in the browser version??? I can't find one but then I struggle to find anything in the browser version.