Forum Discussion

KristineL
Contributing User
7 months ago
Solved

Profit and Loss Statement

Hi.  I don't seem to be getting a response to my previous post about this, so hoping posting a new one will prompt some help.

I wrote a week ago:

In the P&L statement, I have a sub-total for M/V Expenses that also includes other expenses.  I have tried to move the other accounts out of this on the accounts list, but they still show on the P&L under M/V.

I have attached a screenshot

I got a response:

Hi @KristineL 

Welcome to the MYOB Community!

Are you trying to move the expense accounts that are listed underneath M/V depreciation? I would suggest re-numbering the account number. eg if you are using 6-1100 for M/V expenses then use 6-1200 as a separate header account for the internet/web expense.

Refer to the provided help article Adding, editing and deleting accounts - MYOB Business - MYOB Help Centre for detailed instructions.

Thanks

Priya Selvaraj

To which I responded and still haven't had a reply from:

Hi Priya,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried your suggestion, but it still seems to come up in the P&L as I have previously shown.  The total of M/V expenses, just doesn't seem to want to move above those other expenses in the report?

• Hi KristineL 

Definitely something weird going on here. Have you changed any account levels between first image and second?

Based on the 2nd image the only accounts that should be inc in the MV Expenses are 6-1650 6-1655 6-1656 6-1657, 6-1658 and 6-1659.

Suggest you move 6-1950 - 6-1953 down one level to match 6-1954. This might be messing up the MV expenses somehow.

Also open the details tab of account 6-1649 under Accounts List and untick  'When Reporting, Generate Subtotal for this Section'.  Then click OK. Open it again and re-tick. See if this makes any difference. There are a few bugs in the Accounts list and what you are seeing may be one of them.

Regards

Gavin

4 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KristineL,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the late response.. In our system, each account is distinguished by a unique five-digit number. The first digit signifies the account's classification (e.g., accounts starting with 6 denote expense accounts), while the subsequent four digits determine its position within that classification. Lower numbers indicate a higher placement in the list. For instance, account 1-1100 would be listed above 1-1200. For further details, please refer to the help article for additional information Set up accounts.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KristineL,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, please feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

KristineL
      Contributing User

Hi again,

Please find attached, I cannot change the account numbers now as it would make historical information harder to find.

Surely there is some way to customise reports without shifting account numbers so the MV Expenses total only includes MV expenses?  If there isn't, there needs to be:)

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi KristineL 

Definitely something weird going on here. Have you changed any account levels between first image and second?

Based on the 2nd image the only accounts that should be inc in the MV Expenses are 6-1650 6-1655 6-1656 6-1657, 6-1658 and 6-1659.

Suggest you move 6-1950 - 6-1953 down one level to match 6-1954. This might be messing up the MV expenses somehow.

Also open the details tab of account 6-1649 under Accounts List and untick  'When Reporting, Generate Subtotal for this Section'.  Then click OK. Open it again and re-tick. See if this makes any difference. There are a few bugs in the Accounts list and what you are seeing may be one of them.

Regards

Gavin