Forum Discussion

Legion
Trusted User
4 months ago
Solved

Receivables Reconciliation Report

Hi,

When I run a Receivables Reconciliation Report for the 31/12/2023 I get an Out of Balance Amount.

What would be the likely cause or what comprises the out of balance amount.

thank you

Andrew

• Hi Legion

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to know that your Receivables Reconciliation report happens to be out of balance. We appreciate your patience with this matter. I’d recommend having a look at our help article Receivables, payables or inventory out of balance, for the different causes of out of balances within the Receivables Reconciliation report.

To narrow down the point where the out of balance first occurred you can keep running the report for a monthly period back a month or two at a time until you find the point where the report is in balance. Once you know when it is in balance you can run the report for a week on week process to find the week where the out of balance started. You can then review the transactions posted in that week to ensure that all of them are correct. To check if you have a false balance, run the report at a future date. For example, "31/12/9998".

Feel free to reply if you still require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Legion

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to know that your Receivables Reconciliation report happens to be out of balance. We appreciate your patience with this matter. I’d recommend having a look at our help article Receivables, payables or inventory out of balance, for the different causes of out of balances within the Receivables Reconciliation report.

To narrow down the point where the out of balance first occurred you can keep running the report for a monthly period back a month or two at a time until you find the point where the report is in balance. Once you know when it is in balance you can run the report for a week on week process to find the week where the out of balance started. You can then review the transactions posted in that week to ensure that all of them are correct. To check if you have a false balance, run the report at a future date. For example, "31/12/9998".

Feel free to reply if you still require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella