Forum Discussion

Codez
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

Trial Balance question

Hi,

Our Trial Balance report for April shows the Retained Earnings figure has decreased by $32.50 since the March Trial Balance. I am not able to figure out where the variance is coming from. 

Would it be possible to run a report that shows the breakdown/movement that makes up the Retained Earnings figure?

Please note that I have closed the FY20 financial year already.

Kind regards

Cody

• Hi Codez 

Given that the financial year was closed recently (I assume), when the financial year was closed the current year earnings, as well as the income and expenses would have been added to the Retained Earnings figures. This happens as part of the closing a year process.

Generally speaking if you were after a breakdown of transactions that had gone against a particular account you would use the General Ledger Detail report, however this report cannot be run across financial years.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi Codez 

Given that the financial year was closed recently (I assume), when the financial year was closed the current year earnings, as well as the income and expenses would have been added to the Retained Earnings figures. This happens as part of the closing a year process.

Generally speaking if you were after a breakdown of transactions that had gone against a particular account you would use the General Ledger Detail report, however this report cannot be run across financial years.