Forum Discussion

Mandyv12
Contributing User
2 years ago

Bank Feeds - Splitting Cash and Cheques into 2 deposits

I have spent 1/2 hour waiting on the phone for my call to be answered, before hanging up and opening an online Chat.  2 1/2 hours later, there is no resolution.   Very Poor Service!!

Depost Amount $300 consisting of $200 Cash & $100 Cheque is coming through bank feeds as 2 separate transactions.  Only 1 deposit form used so at the bank it appears as follows;

Deposit Cash $200.00 Cheque $100.00       Credit Amount $300.00

So why, after 2 1/2 hours can nobody from MYOB tell me why?  I have spoken to my bank in person in the branch and also via phone to our online team.  

Can someone tell me how and why this is happening all of a sudden??  It renders Bank Feeds useless!!!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Mandyv12 

Thanks for your patience. 

Since the bank feed transactions come as 2 separate deposits for it to match your transactions on the system we need to record these transactions as 2 separate transactions. If they are just one deposit under the bank feed then we could create a bank deposit

If you need further assistance feel free to reply to this thread. 

Cheers 

Genreve

Mandyv12
      Contributing User

Hi Genreve,

As I have said and provided images, I fill out 1 bank deposit slip, that may consist of cheques and cash.  The bank records as follows;

Cash $100, Cheques $100 = Total Credit Amount $200

It is not the bank who splits it, and I definately do not split it in MYOB, so not sure how to fix, but very annoying and only just started happening, rendering bank feeds useless for these transactions.  Why are the bank feeds coming through as 2 deposits, when at the bank it is recorded as 1 transaction?  Is it a setting/preference in MYOB?  As I said despite all my time the other day, nobody seems to know the answer.  Can you please advise further how to rectify this.

Thanks,

Mandy

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Mandyv12 

Thank you for the response. 

The Bank Feeds just receives information from the bank and just reflects bank statement transactions, most likely your bank statement will also show 2 different transactions instead of one. since this is a reflection of the bank statement transactions. 

There is no setting to change the bank feeds and by default it copies the information from the bank. If in any case when you check your bank statement and it does not have 2 different transactions for that deposit please send me a private message that contains a screenshot of the bank statement and we will assist further.

Cheers 

Genreve