Forum Discussion

bj80
User
4 months ago
Solved

Prepare Bank Deposit - want to delete deposit lines listed

When I go to the Prepare Bank Deposit screen there are a very high number of transactions that I could select to deposit.  However these have already been included in the bank register so I would like to delete them out.  They have come about as the undeposited funds box was not unticked when the sales invoice receive payment entry was done and hence the entry is now sitting as an undeposited fund entry when it does not need to be.

How can I delete these undeposited entries out so that the Prepare Bank Depsoit screen only has those entries I want to include in a bank deposit?

I also want to change the bank account that the undeposited funds defaults too - if someone could advise how to do that also please? Note I did not set up this MYOB file originally. 

Thank you.

• Hi bj80,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. It appears that the linked accounts in your company file might not be configured correctly. Could you please verify whether the bank account for cash payments (Setup --> Linked Accounts --> Payroll Accounts --> Bank Account for Cash Payments) matches the bank account for undeposited funds (Setup --> Accounts & Banking Accounts --> Bank account for undeposited funds)? If both accounts are the same and set up as the main cheque account, the bank deposit preparation might not clear anything from that window. It's important to note that the linked account for undeposited funds should never be the main bank account.

The easiest resolution would be to change the linked accounts for undeposited funds, as this would clear any transactions under the "Prepare Bank Deposit" screen. However, I recommend taking a backup of your file before making any changes, so you can revert back in case of any issues.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

4 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi bj80,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and my apologies for the late response. It appears that the linked accounts in your company file might not be configured correctly. Could you please verify whether the bank account for cash payments (Setup --> Linked Accounts --> Payroll Accounts --> Bank Account for Cash Payments) matches the bank account for undeposited funds (Setup --> Accounts & Banking Accounts --> Bank account for undeposited funds)? If both accounts are the same and set up as the main cheque account, the bank deposit preparation might not clear anything from that window. It's important to note that the linked account for undeposited funds should never be the main bank account.

The easiest resolution would be to change the linked accounts for undeposited funds, as this would clear any transactions under the "Prepare Bank Deposit" screen. However, I recommend taking a backup of your file before making any changes, so you can revert back in case of any issues.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

bj80
      User

Hi 

Thank you for your response.  I have followed what you advised and can confirm that I have changed the Bank account for undeposited funds and can confirm that the prepare bank deposit window has zero transactions in it now, which is correct. Thank you!

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi bj80,

We're pleased to hear that it's working for you and has resolved your issue. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to post again, and we'll be happy to assist you.

Regards,
        Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi bj80,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl