Forum Discussion

cwish27
Experienced Cover User
5 months ago
Solved

Reconciliation report mistake

On 30 June 2023, when I reconciled a bank account, I mistyped the date of reconciliation as 30 June 2026. Since then the entries from 22/06/2023 through to 30/06/2023 which were on that reconciliation, show up as either cleared cheques or cleared deposits on every reconciliation since. 

Given that this is the last reconciliation for 2022/23 financial year, can this be fixed? If so, how can I correct it, or do I have to put up with it until 30 June 2026?

• From what you said, I deliberately created another reconciliation as at 30/06/2026 on the hopeful assumption that MYOB will pick up the other data which was reconciled at the same date.

I backed up my data and made sure that the balance in my bank account on the date I was going to "mistakingly reconcile" again, which was 15/01/2024, was correct.

I then printed the report on the mistaken "reconciled" day of 30/06/2026.

I then pressed the "reconcile button".

I effectively had two erroneous reconciliations for 30/06/2026, and I hoped that when I "unreconciled" the reports as of 30/06/2026, all the entries I needed to correct would come up.

It worked. All the past records prior to 30/06/2023 came up.

I then reconciled on 15/01/2024, and my problem has been solved. I now have a clean reconciliation.

6 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi cwish27

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties reconciling your accounts. I recommend following these steps to fix this issue. 

1. Open the Reconcile Account screen, 
    2. Choose the bank account in question. 
    3. Choose the statement date to 30/12/9998.
    4. Mark all transactions check. 
    5. Copy the Calculated Statement Balance to the Closing Statement Balance field. 
    6. Click Reconcile button. 
    7. Undo reconciliation. 

This will likely fix your issue. If the issue persists after following this. Let us know and we'll investigate further. 

Feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

cwish27
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you, but the problem is not on the reconciliation page, but the report when I print it. I have followed your instructions, but the printed reconciliation for the 10 January 2024 date, which I just did, shows the problem. The entries that I mis-reconciled on 30/06/2026 still showed up on the report. Please see the PDF attached.

They don't show up on the reconciliation screen as they have been reconciled.

How do I get a clean report with the entries from prior to June 30 2023, removed?

Thank you. 

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi cwish27

Thanks for the response and the information you've provided so far.

The Reconciliation report gets its data from the previously completed reconciliations. If the report shows this data, you will need to undo the reconciliation and redo it to refresh the data based on the correct date of reconciliation. This will likely fix the issue.

Let us know if you require further assistance. 

Thanks,
        Genreve