Forum Discussion

JennyPTA
Trusted Cover User
6 months ago

Repayment for visa mistake

Hi, I just made a visa card payment through MYOB  for the incorrect invoice. Is there a way to repay the money with their card details? Or do I have to ask for their bank account to direct debit the payment?

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JennyPTA

Thank you for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your concern with the incorrect payment. The action we would need to take to correct this payment would depend on how the payment was processed, May I confirm if you processed this payment in your bank account or just recorded it in your ledger? Any additional information would be much appreciated. 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

JennyPTA
      Trusted Cover User

Thank you for replying. I have actually repaid the amount now by direct debit into the client's bank account but would like to know what to do if it happens in the future. 

I entered the credit card details into the visa payment section (of the invoice pay now section) and received an email saying that the invoice was paid (but it was the wrong invoice). In future, if this were to happen, is there a way to credit the payment back directely onto the credit card via MYOB?

The amount is showing through MYOB as being paid for the incorrect invoice. The money will also go through the bank statement as being paid for the incorrect invoice.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JennyPTA

Thanks for your response. I appreciate your effort in clarifying the concern. 

I initially thought we were talking about ledger payments. In my understanding now, we are talking about MYOB Subscription invoice payments. Generally, if the payment was processed and you needed a refund for the payment. We will need to put on a request ticket for that, which will take time to be handled by the billing team. The best option in these cases would be to transfer money from one bank to the other (as this is faster). Also, it would be best to set up the MYOB Account subscription to automatically draft from the payment method of choice. This could be set from myaccount.myob.com.

Let me know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
        Genreve