Forum Discussion

Karen62
Contributing Cover User
5 months ago
Solved

Setting up a Linkt toll account and Credit card

How should I set up a Linkt toll account? I have currently set up the Linkt account as an expense and pay in advance into the Linkt account using a credit card. I want to then record a monthly debit of all the Linkt toll transactions - not individual transactions as we receive a monthly statement. Thanks Karen.

• Hello Karen62

Think of a LinkT a/c as a bank a/c where you deposit money and spend money in the form of tolls

My suggestion is to open a new asset account called LinkT with account type as "Bank" and Tax Code "NT" on the details Tab.

The payments you make to "Top Up" your LinkT a/c are then processed as a Spend money from your normal bank a/c to the LinkT a/c. (Think of these as deposits) this is a NO GST deposit.

When you process your monthly LinkT a/c, again Spend Money, this time select LinkT a/c as the pay from and the expense a/c as Tolls ( or whatever account you use for the expense ) and record as paid with GST.

At the end of each month you can perform a reconciliation on the LinkT A/c   

Hope this helps

OxleyBook

5 Replies

• Hi Karen62,

Thank you for your post.

To better assist you, could you kindly provide more details of what you're trying to do in your MYOB account? Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Princess

• Hello Karen62

Think of a LinkT a/c as a bank a/c where you deposit money and spend money in the form of tolls

My suggestion is to open a new asset account called LinkT with account type as "Bank" and Tax Code "NT" on the details Tab.

The payments you make to "Top Up" your LinkT a/c are then processed as a Spend money from your normal bank a/c to the LinkT a/c. (Think of these as deposits) this is a NO GST deposit.

When you process your monthly LinkT a/c, again Spend Money, this time select LinkT a/c as the pay from and the expense a/c as Tolls ( or whatever account you use for the expense ) and record as paid with GST.

At the end of each month you can perform a reconciliation on the LinkT A/c   

Hope this helps

OxleyBook

Karen62
      Contributing Cover User

Thankyou for your reply.

I will set the account up as you suggest.

Regards,

Karen

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Karen62,

Thank you for your response. Please feel free to create a new post whenever you need help in the future. We're always here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

• Hi oxley1,

Thank you for your post.

I wanted to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your valuable insights regarding Karen62 query. Your input is incredibly appreciated and contributes significantly to the collaborative spirit of our community. Thank you for being part of our community forum and for your willingness to help other users.

Cheers,

Princess