Forum Discussion

paddyr
Contributing User
7 months ago
Solved

AccountRight Import General Journal Error

Hi there i have a similar issue where i have downloaded an existing  General Journal in the required template , maintained the format, upaded the data for a new Jnl and I get the attached ( Snip of Excel file format, txt file and error log) . i cant see why its not seperating the last two lines for the GST code. I did have an issue formatting values where the two decimal places are .00 but im not sure this is a pre requisite? I've blacked out the Memo section for privacy. any help would be appreciated. I tried also using the Sample download template, to no avail. thanks

Paddy

• Hi paddyr , Excel puts quotes around amounts with commas when it saves as text, so I suggest you format the amount column as general (or as number with 2 decimal places but NO commas) before you save it as a txt file. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi paddyr , Excel puts quotes around amounts with commas when it saves as text, so I suggest you format the amount column as general (or as number with 2 decimal places but NO commas) before you save it as a txt file.