Forum Discussion

byw_bookkeeping
Experienced User
18 days ago

URGENT PROBLEM Error Code 242 when importing sale invoices

Hi, we are a licencee of a major hire car company with 5 locations and I import sales invoices every day from files sent to us from our parent company, yesterday for the first time ever I received an Error code 242 - More than 1 customer found, sale invoice not imported. 

This was just for the one customer, all the others were fine and it happened again today with that same customer.  I have checked the customer cards, we only have this customer in our system once, no where else.  It is our major customer so this is a big problem requiring me to manually create the invoices instead if the error cannot be resolved.  We cannot sustain having to do this on a daily basis.

We have checked with the parent company and apparently are the only ones this is happening to, no-one else has reported an issue.

What could have changed?  Is it something in our accounting software program or is it something happening at our different locations and how they input the invoices.

I do believe I actually need MYOB support for this one.

12 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi byw_bookkeeping,

Thanks for your detailed response. After reviewing the diagnostic log, clearing your AccountRight cache (clear your AccountRight cache) and retrying the import may resolve the issue. If the problem persists, it may require additional investigation. I recommend utilizing our virtual assistant, MOCA, which is designed to delve deeper into such issues. You can access MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you may require. If MOCA is unable to provide the help you need, our live chat team is available to pick up where MOCA left off.

Feel free to start a new post if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl

• I have had to ring MYOB Support again as the import issue is still occurring and this is a huge problem given the amount of sales invoices involved which will have to be manually added now.  When I rang support this morning they had no record of my support request or any details as to the problem that I spent over an hour on the phone with them last week about, so absolutely nothing has been done!  I now have to get the owners of the business to call them to allow them to speak to me about it. I have been added as a contact previously so I could deal with any and all software issues and it seems I have disappeared!

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi byw_bookkeeping,

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing import issue you're experiencing with MYOB. It's incredibly frustrating when support efforts seem to go unnoticed or unresolved, especially when it impacts critical tasks like managing sales invoices. For us to assist you with this, if you can attach the diagnostic log generated once you receive the error message when importing sales. Detailed steps on how to get the diagnostic log can be found here. No worries, diagnostic log will not contain any information about the business. It will only show the reason of the error that we can look on our end and assist you efficiently.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi byw_bookkeeping,

Please try to create a new customer card and import the sales invoices again. If this still doesn't work, I highly recommend using our virtual assistant MOCA? It's designed to dive deeper into issues like this. Give it a go!

Feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. Don't worry if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

You can create a post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi byw_bookkeeping

Thanks for posting the concern in the forum. 

In addition to what gavin12345 has inquired about, it would be really helpful if you could also attach the import log here. This will allow our team to take a closer look and provide better assistance.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
    Genreve

• Hi byw_bookkeeping 

Just wondering, when checking your customer cards, did you check for inactive cards as well?  Also did you recently add a Supplier card with the same name as the customer card?

What version of MYOB are you using?

Regards

Gavin

byw_bookkeeping
      Experienced User

No, only the one card exists for this customer, nothing in inactive and I cannot see that anything has changed for the card.