Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

Becoming BAS agent

Hello there

I am new here since I just started my bookkeeping business few months ago. I have 2 questions.,silly question actually, :-) and please let me know if I post this question in wrong place

1. I just got a new client.It is a restaurant and it is GST registered. I am thinking to use MYOB business lite (or pro) for this client. I dont really understand yet how the BAS report works in myob business for somebody who is not a BAS agent yet.Since I am not a BAS agent yet, what is the best way to help my client with their BAS? I think I still could prepare the report but I could not lodge it? I will need some help from somebody (or some practice) to lodge it?

2. Eventually I would have to be a BAS agent, that's also one of my goals. Does anyone could give me some advice about what is the best way for me to become a BAS agent by working in my own practice? I already completed cert IV and diploma of accounting. I have some experiences here and there working in a bookkeping business and helping clients preparing the BAS. but it was not much and I dont really understand what kind  of job or task that should i do so that I could claim an experience hours from it?

Sorry if my question sound so basic. Any kind of answer and/or advice will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Said Nahdi

• Hi snaccounts,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Congratulations on your new client! MYOB Business Lite or Pro could be a great choice, but this depends on the type of business and its needs. While you're not a BAS agent yet, you can still prepare the BAS report within MYOB. When it comes to lodging, you're correct in understanding that you'll need assistance from a registered BAS agent or gain further practice and knowledge to confidently lodge the report. For further information, here's the Help article, Lodge your activity statement. 

While I can't provide detailed guidance regarding your query on how to become a BAS agent, I've found this helpful article that could provide you with some information.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns in the future. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi snaccounts,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Congratulations on your new client! MYOB Business Lite or Pro could be a great choice, but this depends on the type of business and its needs. While you're not a BAS agent yet, you can still prepare the BAS report within MYOB. When it comes to lodging, you're correct in understanding that you'll need assistance from a registered BAS agent or gain further practice and knowledge to confidently lodge the report. For further information, here's the Help article, Lodge your activity statement. 

While I can't provide detailed guidance regarding your query on how to become a BAS agent, I've found this helpful article that could provide you with some information.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns in the future. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess