Forum Discussion

MWRLC
User
2 months ago
Solved

Bank feed + Bank reconsiliation

There is a payment from our customer in our bank feeds which is one total amount of 9 different sales invoices of that customer. The Sale invoices were closed off and allocated through our function tracker as each separate payment for each invoice, however the actual payment to the bank is one amount totaling 9 invoices. (which are now "closed") How do I match the total amount/payment in Bank feeds to 9 different separate amounts/invoices please in the bank reconsiliation? It just keeps saying "The total doesn't match" 

• Hi MWRLC,

Thank you for your response.

Looking at your account, it seems you're using AccountRight Live, so I'll cover both options for you. If you're working with the desktop version of AccountRight and you happen to receive multiple customer payments as one lump sum deposit, it's best to utilize the Prepare Bank Deposit feature. This handy tool lets you group receipts together into a single deposit, aligning perfectly with what's shown in the bank feed. If you haven't tried out the Prepare Bank Deposit feature yet, you'll need to hide the bank feed transactions and then manually reconcile the AccountRight transactions.

Now, if you're using the AccountRight browser version, you're in luck! This version allows you to select multiple transactions to match one bank feed transaction to multiple transactions.

For more information, please check out these Help articles:

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MWRLC

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! I would recommend checking for manually reconciled transactions. These transactions won't match bank feed transactions. Verify if the transaction appears under reconciled accounts but isn't marked. If it's marked, you can unmark it, save your progress, and it should match up correctly. For more detailed information, please refer to this help article. Bank Feeds not matching transactions

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

MWRLC
      User

Hi, 

I can see all 9 individual closed transactions in Reconcile Accounts (they are not ticked) then when I try to match them to the Bank feeds, which only has a total amount equal to the 9x individual transactions, I am not able to select all 9 to be match to the bank feed. How to I select 9 rows of transactions to match one bank feed transation with the total. EG; 

Each individual transaction is $150x 9 = $1350 (they are 9 separate untick transactions in Reconcile Accounts)

One Transaction of the payment from customer $1350 in Bank feeds. If I go find, it does come as the correct choice, however how do I select 9rows of them to match the one Bank feed please?                                                 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MWRLC,

Thank you for your response.

Looking at your account, it seems you're using AccountRight Live, so I'll cover both options for you. If you're working with the desktop version of AccountRight and you happen to receive multiple customer payments as one lump sum deposit, it's best to utilize the Prepare Bank Deposit feature. This handy tool lets you group receipts together into a single deposit, aligning perfectly with what's shown in the bank feed. If you haven't tried out the Prepare Bank Deposit feature yet, you'll need to hide the bank feed transactions and then manually reconcile the AccountRight transactions.

Now, if you're using the AccountRight browser version, you're in luck! This version allows you to select multiple transactions to match one bank feed transaction to multiple transactions.

For more information, please check out these Help articles:

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess