Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

Bank reconciliation bug

I have had a problem when doing a bank reconciliation where when selecting a deposit the calculated balance goes down and a withdrawal makes the balance go up. 

Help would be appreciated

• Hi Studymix,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum.

Sorry to hear about your issue reconciliation. From my understanding, your issue is that there are transactions that would debit the amount instead of credit it in the reconciliation window. Generally, this only happens if the account we are trying to reconcile is a credit card. This happens because the credit card is considered a liability instead of an asset compared to a bank account. Also, if it is a credit card this would most likely affect all transactions. 

If the account, we are trying to reconcile is not a credit card or the issue only applies to a few transactions. Please send us a screenshot showing the issue and we'll help find a workaround for it. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Studymix,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum.

Sorry to hear about your issue reconciliation. From my understanding, your issue is that there are transactions that would debit the amount instead of credit it in the reconciliation window. Generally, this only happens if the account we are trying to reconcile is a credit card. This happens because the credit card is considered a liability instead of an asset compared to a bank account. Also, if it is a credit card this would most likely affect all transactions. 

If the account, we are trying to reconcile is not a credit card or the issue only applies to a few transactions. Please send us a screenshot showing the issue and we'll help find a workaround for it. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve