Forum Discussion

arjay
Experienced Cover User
13 days ago

Bank reconciliation

Hi,

Trying to reconcile a payment that needs to go to 2 outstanding invoices.

MYOB can find one and not the other.

When you look up unpaid invoice - there are 2.

Am I missing something or is this another feature of the upgrade?

regards,

Rick

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi arjay

I see that you need help matching one bank feed transaction to two different invoices. 

Usually, open invoices should pop up in the match section of the bank transaction window after you've filtered to show all transactions. If you haven't done this already, give it a try.

Another trick is to filter the transactions by the customer or categorize your transactions for easy matching. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

arjay
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Genreve,

I have tried searching by name and missing inv number, made sure dates are OK, but only one inv appears.

It is part payment for each inv from some time ago. 

Both invoices appear in the list of overdue invoices,  but don't appear when trying to allocate funds.

Wondering if there are gremlins in the new update, as I am having issues with payroll not adding up as well, let alone trying to find things in the new menu.

Rick

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi arjay,

I appreciate your effort in following the previous workaround. I would recommend that you manually record the payment in Create Invoice Payment and match the bank feed transaction with the payment transaction.

If you are recording a part payment, make sure you manually enter the amount paid in the Amount Received field:

If you have recorded a payment for the full amount, you can delete the payment transaction and re-enter with the correct amount. To delete a payment, open the invoice, scroll down to Activity History, click on the reference number for the payment you want to delete, and the payment transaction will open. Click Delete.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,
        Shella