Forum Discussion

SIXPIX
Contributing User
10 months ago
Solved

Bankwest Business Account Closure

Hello,

I'm having to swap bank feeds from Bankwest to the Commonwealth Bank, as Bankwest are no longer offering Business Accounts.

Can someone advise me what "allocation" I need to attribute to the transfer amount total in the old Bank Feed to ensure the feed is not "Out of Balance"?

Many thanks.

• Hi SIXPIX

Thanks for your response. 

Generally, deleting a bank feeds would not affect the ledger account for that bank feeds. I would suggest checking the chart of accounts (Accounting > Chart of Accounts) to see if the ledger account for that bank feeds is inactive, as you can only do transactions in an active bank feeds. If this does not work please send us a screenshot of the ledger account from chart of accounts window. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SIXPIX

Thanks for reaching out. 

In general, if we are just transferring the total values of the bank to another bank account we just record this transfer as a transfer money. We won't need to allocate to any other ledger accounts since the values would just transfer from one bank to the other. 

Let us know if this does not apply to you or if you have any other questions. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

SIXPIX
      Contributing User

Hi Genreve,

Thank you for your reply.

When I select 'Transfer', I am unable to select the 'Transfer from' account as this has been deleted from my bank feed as I think i meantioned, this account has been closed.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers.

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi SIXPIX

Thanks for your response. 

Generally, deleting a bank feeds would not affect the ledger account for that bank feeds. I would suggest checking the chart of accounts (Accounting > Chart of Accounts) to see if the ledger account for that bank feeds is inactive, as you can only do transactions in an active bank feeds. If this does not work please send us a screenshot of the ledger account from chart of accounts window. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

SIXPIX
        Contributing User

Hi Genreve,

I followed your instructions and made active the old account in the Chart of Accounts, and this allowed me to select it as an option for transfer.

Thank you for your assistance,

Kind regards.