Forum Discussion

7 months ago
Solved

Change to an Asset Account

My main asset account, 1-1110 Business Bank Account #1 has been replaced by 1-1161 Wages Payment and I can no longer locate the assest account 1-1110. I have no idea why or how this has happened (all reconcilitaions are now listed under 1-1161 including all bank feeds when they where previously listed under 1-1110)......help me.

• Hi adminhi5

Thanks for your response.

I understand how important it is that transactions are recorded in the right ledger account. Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer all the transactions and reconciliations to 1-1110. There is no way to transfer transactions from one account to another without creating a new transaction. If the transactions and reconciliations are all in the 1-1161, it's likely it has been recorded in that account.

Also, another possibility is that the two accounts have been merged. But this can only happen if you are using AccountRight and the 1-1110 is gone from the ledger.

Feel free to post again if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

6 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi adminhi5,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your issue with your ledger bank account. In my understanding, there is no way to transfer all reconciliations and transactions to another bank account. This is likely recorded in the 1-1161 accounts, as it won't balance the reconciliation if the calculated closing balance is not correct. May I know what we are trying to accomplish at this point? 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,

Genreve

adminhi5
      User

Thank you for your reply.

The change wasnt something that I have done (knowingly).

I did try and prepare an electronic payment (which I have never done before) and next thing I know I am unable to locate the asset account 1-1110 Bank Account #1 and all transactions have reverted to 1-1161 Wages Payment, including previously completed reconciliations for 1-1110 - which are now listed under 1-1161.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi adminhi5

Thanks for the response. 

May I know what product you are using (AccountRight or Business) and if you were using the 1-1161 for any other transactions? 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
        Genreve