Forum Discussion

becn
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Different dates for transactions

Hi 

I'm having trouble reconciling - in particular my business credit card. I haven't really had issues in the past however I seem to be coming across issues where the dates of the transactions and when the transaction hits MYOB are different and some times can cross over the months.

For example I transferred an amount of money from my business account to my business credit card on 31/5/22

Both transactions are on the relevant statement on 31/5/22

However in MYOB the withdrawal from the business account is dated 31/5 but the deposit in to the credit card is 1/6.

What is the best way to deal with this given it crosses over the two months?

Another example is that I paid for something on 31/5, it's on the credit card statement 31/5 but doesnt show in MYOB until 1/6/22

I have been using MYOB for many years now and this only seems to be happening more recently

Thanks in advance

• Hi

Just to clarify - are you saying that the bank feed coming into MYOB as how's the transaction date as 1/6?

Generally a credit card can take a day or two for a transaction to appear

in some cases the bank will show both the transaction date and the statement date

if you are entering transactions from the bank feeds then MYOB a will pick up the statement date

in the case of a payment from your bank account to your credit card if you record it as 31st in myob through your bank feeds it will show in the credit card dated as 31st and then be matched with the deposit into your credit card statement, the date of the 31st will be retained. It should also show as an unpresented deposit on your bank rec as at 31/5

as far as transactions go I suggest that you manually enter those transactions affected at the end of the month if you want to account for them in that month. Again they will appear as unpresented as at 31st but will be matched to the transaction on the 1st

Hope that has been useful

Lisa

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

Just to clarify - are you saying that the bank feed coming into MYOB as how's the transaction date as 1/6?

Generally a credit card can take a day or two for a transaction to appear

in some cases the bank will show both the transaction date and the statement date

if you are entering transactions from the bank feeds then MYOB a will pick up the statement date

in the case of a payment from your bank account to your credit card if you record it as 31st in myob through your bank feeds it will show in the credit card dated as 31st and then be matched with the deposit into your credit card statement, the date of the 31st will be retained. It should also show as an unpresented deposit on your bank rec as at 31/5

as far as transactions go I suggest that you manually enter those transactions affected at the end of the month if you want to account for them in that month. Again they will appear as unpresented as at 31st but will be matched to the transaction on the 1st

Hope that has been useful

Lisa