Forum Discussion

kunsangyeshe
Contributing User
10 months ago
Solved

Discovered missing transactions in bank data feed

Background:

• Started as bookkeeper in this organisation April 2023
  • Whilst trying to reconcile account for Nov 2022 noticed about 20 missing transactions for that month (about 4 transactions for the month remain)
  • I have downloaded a CSV file from relevant bank account for the relevant month (to local PC) and can identify the missing transactions therein, and balance the month with those transactions against the reconciliation is out of balance amount, Slightly re-assuring.
  • Bank feed is continuing OK to date on the account
  • I can't check history or recover any deleted transactions (if I understand limitations of MYOB Essentials correctly)
  • I have searched extensively the banking/find transactions menu to ensure transactions have not been moved inadvently elsewhere in the data file. No hits just gaps where the transactions should be.
  • My only option seems to manually re-enter the transactions using the downloaded CSV/XLSX files that I have for the failing month.
  • This is the first time any transactions have gone walk-about (slang for missing in Australia), Can I minimise this ever occurring again?

Any other suggestions?

I am still unclear how these transactions suddenly went AWOL!

From now on I will produce report of months as I reconcile.

Thanks for any assistance Brian

• OK re-entered transactions that had gone missing.

Not sure how I can avoid this re-occurring.

Slightly miffed that Essentials/Business Pro has virtually no capabilities to recover or manage lost data.

I used to love the desktop version where I could manage data off my own bat in all sorts of ways.

I know I need AccountRight to do this. It is the name Business Pro that irks.

How do I close this post please? I will start another on my perceived attitude of Business Pro/Essentials data management capabilities.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Same issue November 2nd through to November 21st 2022 - tax agent here doing year end and wondering why the bank rec was so out - entered the missing entries manually to resolve

kunsangyeshe
    Contributing User

OK re-entered transactions that had gone missing.

Not sure how I can avoid this re-occurring.

Slightly miffed that Essentials/Business Pro has virtually no capabilities to recover or manage lost data.

I used to love the desktop version where I could manage data off my own bat in all sorts of ways.

I know I need AccountRight to do this. It is the name Business Pro that irks.

How do I close this post please? I will start another on my perceived attitude of Business Pro/Essentials data management capabilities.