Forum Discussion

Lp29
User
12 months ago
Solved

Duplicate transactions

I manually entered a transaction through the spend money window, then I imported the bank statement. Why when I delete the transaction does it still apper when you go to reconcile? In account right you can just go to the spend money screen then edit and delete transaction. However in business lite you can not. Can someone please advise why it is so difficult. I also spoke to myob on the phone and they told me it cannot be done. Surley it cannot be that hard to even reset to start again!

• Hi Lp29 

Thank you for your post. May I extend a warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

You can delete a spend money transaction by going to Banking >> Find Transactions >> Filter out the options and look for your spend money transaction >> Click on the reference number >> Delete. This Help Article, Spend money, has helpful information including deleting spend money that you can use as a guide. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Lp29 

Thank you for your post. May I extend a warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

You can delete a spend money transaction by going to Banking >> Find Transactions >> Filter out the options and look for your spend money transaction >> Click on the reference number >> Delete. This Help Article, Spend money, has helpful information including deleting spend money that you can use as a guide. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

vikki114
      User

NO The duplicated transactions need to be address and find out why this keeps re-occuring.

Waiting on the phones is a joke time wasting when you have to wait up to an hour at a time

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi vikki114,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

I understand that waiting long hours on the phone would be frustrating. We apologize for the inconvenience that has caused you. Regarding your concern about duplicate transactions, the most common reason it happens is because, if you have entered a transaction twice, or if you allocate a bank feed transaction instead of matching it to an existing transaction, it will also cause a duplicate transaction.  

Our help Article: Duplicated transactions has helpful information that you can use as a guide. 

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post again. We're happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel