Forum Discussion

cinespaceinc
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Generating ABA file

We are a small non profit starting with MYOB. When we tried to create ABA file to generate transactions in our banking automatically out of MYOB. Bookkeeper says "couldn’t generate the electronic payment for the 1 bill as our MYOB didn’t allow us, due to not being an sole trader or registered business", so wondering if this is correct that an association isn't considered a 'registered business'?

thanks for advice, Dan (Secretary)

• Hi

I wouldn't think that your business status would have an affect on whether or not youcan create an ABA file.

Check your chart of account setup for the bank account to see if it has been set up correctly

In the bank account you wish to use you need to tick I create ABA files

then you need to set up the bank code and the Direct entry user number

Bank code eg commonwealth bank is CBA 

These are usually provided by the bank and not MYOB - google for your bank and it should tell you 

Hope this helps

Lisa

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

I wouldn't think that your business status would have an affect on whether or not youcan create an ABA file.

Check your chart of account setup for the bank account to see if it has been set up correctly

In the bank account you wish to use you need to tick I create ABA files

then you need to set up the bank code and the Direct entry user number

Bank code eg commonwealth bank is CBA 

These are usually provided by the bank and not MYOB - google for your bank and it should tell you 

Hope this helps

Lisa