Forum Discussion

baso
User
6 months ago
Solved

how to download a bank file

could somebody please help me?

i have just done my first pay run with this new **bleep** upgrade from essentials to business payroll 

i somehow missed the download bank file option and now for the life of me a cant seem to find where a i can recreate it 

any help would be much apreciated 

• Hi lizzie123

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in creating an electronic payment transaction. The error message you are referring to happens if you haven't selected any transactions in the list yet. Please mark at least one of the transactions in the list in this window. 

After marking transaction/transactions, the Total amount will populate with the total amount of all mark transactions. We can then click the "Download bank file" button. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi baso

Thanks for posting in the forum. We appreciate your feedback regarding the new update. 

I understand how important creating a bank file is in your workflow. You will need to open the electronic payment transaction from the Find transaction window and click the Download bank file button in the bottom left of the screen. I recommend reading this article, Making Electronic Payments. This article shows a detailed instructions to recreating the bank file among other information. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

lizzie123
      User

This is not working for me. 

This is what comes up, I have all the correct dates.  Not sure what to put in for reference number and description so have left it as is.

'No transaction has been selected for this Electronic Payment
      Please select at least one transaction to be included in bank file

the dropdown menu for the date is blank so nothing to select.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi lizzie123

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in creating an electronic payment transaction. The error message you are referring to happens if you haven't selected any transactions in the list yet. Please mark at least one of the transactions in the list in this window. 

After marking transaction/transactions, the Total amount will populate with the total amount of all mark transactions. We can then click the "Download bank file" button. 

Thanks,
        Genreve