Forum Discussion

bud
Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Overdue invoice not showing in Match Transaction List

In MYOB Essentials I am trying to allocate a part deposit on an overdue invoice by selecting 'match transactions' and searching for the invoice however it is not showing in the list of invoices.

• Hi bud 

Invoices from previous financial years won't display in the Bank transactions window. This means that you will need to manually record the payment in Create invoice payment and match the bank feed transaction with the payment transaction.

If you are recording a part payment make sure you manually enter the amount paid in the Amount received field:

If you have recorded a payment for the full amount, you can delete the payment transaction and re-enter with the correct amount. To delete a payment, open the invoice>>scroll down to Activity history>>click on the reference number for the payment you want to delete>>the payment transaction will open>>click Delete.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi bud 

Thanks for your post. If an invoice doesn't appear to be matched in Bank transactions, make sure the Show filter is All transactions and remove all other search filters.

If it still doesn't show you can go to Invoices>>Create invoice payment and record the payment. You will then be able to match the payment transaction to the bank feed transaction in Bank transactions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

bud
      Cover User

The first soloution is not showing all invoices. It is an invoice from December 2021 - would this be why?

The second soloution seemed to have wiped all monies owing on the invoice instead of just reducing by the amount paid.

Unfortunatley my problem has not been solved. 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi bud 

Invoices from previous financial years won't display in the Bank transactions window. This means that you will need to manually record the payment in Create invoice payment and match the bank feed transaction with the payment transaction.

If you are recording a part payment make sure you manually enter the amount paid in the Amount received field:

If you have recorded a payment for the full amount, you can delete the payment transaction and re-enter with the correct amount. To delete a payment, open the invoice>>scroll down to Activity history>>click on the reference number for the payment you want to delete>>the payment transaction will open>>click Delete.