Forum Discussion

-Jill-
Experienced Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

Payrun linked to old bank account

Hi there,

We have recently switched bank accounts and there was a brief period of time when the new bank account was being used before the bank feed became effective. I have manually processed most of those transactions but I am stuck on the payrun transactions. It seems that the payrun was linked to the old bank account but paid manually through the new bank account so not sure if I can change that/make an adjustment or if I need to reverse and rerun the payrun?

Also, for future payruns and just in general, how do I change the default bank account?

Thank you

Jill

• Hi -Jill-,

You're doing it correctly. If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to let me know so that we can further investigate.

Regards,
    Earl

8 Replies

• Hi -Jill-,

Thank you for your post.

For the pay run transactions that were linked to the old bank account but were manually paid through the new bank account, you have two options. You would be looking at reversing the pay run transaction and re-processing the payment with the correct bank account. Or you may also record spend money from the correct account to the incorrect account to transfer the balance across.

Regarding changing the default bank account for future pay runs, you can typically change the default bank account from which payments are made by adjusting the linked account from the Managed linked account screen.

Please let me know if you require further assistance. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

-Jill-
      Experienced Cover User
      Thank you for your response. I have gone through the manage your accounts section and saved the new bank account there so that should help future payments etc. Thank you.

Can you please provide further detail/instruction on the second option for fixing the issue with the previous pay run to avoid reversing it using the spend money feature you mentioned...

Thank you

Jill

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi -Jill-,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. I'd suggest checking out this helpful article Spend money that provides guidance on transferring the balance from the correct account to the incorrect one. It should offer more clarity on the process! 

Please do let me know how you go on this.
        Regards,
        Earl