Forum Discussion

chim
User
9 months ago
Solved

Reconciliation of Wages

Hi I'm the owner of a small business with only 2 employees (I'm one of them). 

I recently switched to MYOB Business Essentials from Account Right and my bank reconciliation has been playing up. 

For some reason, it doesn't show any of the wages that were paid to me or my employee on the 'Reconcile Accounts' page - and yes I selected the right Asset / business bank account. My wages show up fine on the Payroll page but on the Reconciliation page there's nothing there!!

I think I might have missed the box to tick for the payroll to show in reconciliation? Has anyone else had this issue? And were you able to solve it? It's been driving me crazy!

• Hi chim,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

The Reconcile Accounts window is designed to show any transaction that has gone to that selected account that is dated on or before the statement date entered and is not already reconciled. If you are not seeing a transaction that should be listed in that window, I would recommend going to Banking >> Find Transactions >> Debits and Credits and locating that transaction using the filters. Please make sure that the transactions have the appropriate date and account that you are trying to reconcile.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your reconciliation screen and the payroll transactions so I can take a look into this further. Please make sure to remove sensitive information before posting it to the Community forum.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi chim,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

The Reconcile Accounts window is designed to show any transaction that has gone to that selected account that is dated on or before the statement date entered and is not already reconciled. If you are not seeing a transaction that should be listed in that window, I would recommend going to Banking >> Find Transactions >> Debits and Credits and locating that transaction using the filters. Please make sure that the transactions have the appropriate date and account that you are trying to reconcile.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your reconciliation screen and the payroll transactions so I can take a look into this further. Please make sure to remove sensitive information before posting it to the Community forum.

Cheers,

Princess