Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Split bank transfers via Transfer Money

Hello,

I made 3 seperate bank transfers to my particular accounts and this has come through on bank feeds as one transaction.

When allocating via the Transfer Money heading, I can't see the option to split the transactions across the 3 different accounts. (it only seems to give the splitting option under the Match Transaction heading)

I tried to manually create the transfers, but then I can't delete the original amount that came through via the bank feed so I'm out of balance.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly

• Hi Kelly_C,

Thanks for your detailed post. When reconciling accounts, you're matching what happened in real life. For instance, if you received a $100 payment in your bank account, you'd record a $100 transaction for that bank account. I would recommend on visiting this help articles for more information: Matching a bank feed to multiple transactions and Reconciling your bank accounts

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kelly_C,

Thanks for your detailed post. When reconciling accounts, you're matching what happened in real life. For instance, if you received a $100 payment in your bank account, you'd record a $100 transaction for that bank account. I would recommend on visiting this help articles for more information: Matching a bank feed to multiple transactions and Reconciling your bank accounts

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl