Forum Discussion

TrudiMBBSH
Trusted Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Unallocated Transacti

I have an outstanding invoice in my Purchases list for some $60,000.

I paid the first instalment on 15 June by cheque, when it appeared on my Bank Feed I was able to allocate it in the normal manner to the invoice payment I had recorded for the cheque.

The second instalment was recorded on 24/07/23 and posted to the company.  The company didn't deposit the cheque until 3 August 2023 and now I have an unallocated transaction in my bank feed for 3 August 23 but if I allocate it it then clears the invoice and there is no debt.  But I still owe them the 3rd instalment.

Looking at the payment history on the Bill, it shows correctly the cheque number, the date and the amount for the 2 payments I have made but the Bank Feed shows the second payment as unallocated.  If I allocate it on the Bank Feed and then go back to the payment history of the bill it shows a 3rd payment for 3 August with a new cheque number.  

Bit confused how to fix this?

Genreve_S
    9 months ago

Hi TrudiMBBSH

Thanks for posting. 

I'm glad you were able to find a solution to your problem. 

Generally, the bank feed only automatically matches if the corresponding transaction is the same date and amount. Also, there is a possibility that the transaction we are trying to match with the bank feed was already reconciled or marked check under the reconcile accounts window. If this is the case this would not show up under the bank feed window. 

Regardless, I'm happy you were able to resolve the issue. If you have any other concerns or questions, feel free to post again in the forum. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    TrudiMBBSH
    Trusted Cover User

Mmmm, I fixed the problem by deleting the payment recorded manually when I wrote the cheque and then allocated the transaction on the bank feed to the payment of the invoice.

I am not sure if this was because of the payment being recorded in July but not turning up on Bank Feeds until August?

Possibly, but I have fixed the problem and the invoice correctly shows the 3rd instalment outstanding.

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi TrudiMBBSH

Thanks for posting. 

I'm glad you were able to find a solution to your problem. 

Generally, the bank feed only automatically matches if the corresponding transaction is the same date and amount. Also, there is a possibility that the transaction we are trying to match with the bank feed was already reconciled or marked check under the reconcile accounts window. If this is the case this would not show up under the bank feed window. 

Regardless, I'm happy you were able to resolve the issue. If you have any other concerns or questions, feel free to post again in the forum. 

Cheers, 
      Genreve