Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Cannot edit or delete items

I cannot edit or delete a sales item.  Choose sales, items but unable to select any item so edit or delete is not shown.  I am aware that you cannot deleted  an item that has been used in a prior invoice.  This is a brand new item added OK but before it is used I need ed to make a minor edit.

• Finally accidentally discovered the correct procedure to edit or delete an item.  Not described anywhere I could find (or at least in a way that this old man could understand).

In Sales , select Items.  In the displayed list, double left click on the number of the item that you want to edit/delete.  You are then presented with the appropriate screen.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Finally accidentally discovered the correct procedure to edit or delete an item.  Not described anywhere I could find (or at least in a way that this old man could understand).

In Sales , select Items.  In the displayed list, double left click on the number of the item that you want to edit/delete.  You are then presented with the appropriate screen.

brunob
      MYOB Product Manager

One nice shortcut added recently, is that you can go to any item from within a transaction too Shed-Man , ie from invoices and bills. Simply click on the "i" icon in the order line and then on the tooltip click on "edit". screenshot:

• Hi Shed-man

I created an inventory item on browser and deleted it in the browser.

Shed-Man
      User

Thanks for your reply Lynley

While I am pleased that you can create and delete an item, I still cannot.  So, unfortunately that doesn't help me in any way whatsoever.

Or perhaps I am missing something.  Please tell me how the fact that you can do something that I cannot helps me in any way.  Are you saying I must be doing domething wrong.  And that I enjoy wasting almost one hour researching the problem before giving up and posting the issue here?