Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

GST on Dashboard

Hi 

Where is the GST amount displayed on the dashboard filtered in from? I have a client and their GST is showing a large amount doesnt appear to be correct? 

• Hi ElleHall

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

The GST amount shown in the dashboard is based on the running balances of your GST Collected and GST Paid linked accounts. For further details for all the information shown in the dashboard, I recommend reading through the article 'The New Dashboard'. 

Let us know if you require further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

4 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ElleHall

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

The GST amount shown in the dashboard is based on the running balances of your GST Collected and GST Paid linked accounts. For further details for all the information shown in the dashboard, I recommend reading through the article 'The New Dashboard'. 

Let us know if you require further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

AliHug
      Contributing Cover User

I have exactly the same issue and cannot see any logic when I know I am up to date with GST payments.

Reading the information on New Dashboard does not help.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi AliHug , the moderator's reply indicates that the dashboard displays the running balance of the two GST accounts. If you want the display to reflect current GST only, then when you file a GST/BAS return, you need to transfer out the GST content from those two accounts to a GST liability account, and code the payment to that account. Then the balance remaining is current GST only. 

If you haven't been doing this, then an adjustment can be done at any time, with care.