Forum Discussion

VivC1
User
6 months ago
Solved

Overtime rate

When adding overtime to an employees payslip the $ amount is populated with 1.5, however when I look at the employee setup it shows the correct $ amount.  How can I change the payslip to reflect the correct figure?

• Hi VivC1,

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your inquiry about changing the setup, I regret to inform you that the current configuration cannot be altered at this stage. However, you can add earnings (overtime) from the employee's card file and set up the correct rate.

Please feel free to start a new post if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

5 Replies

• Hi VivC1,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

Regarding your concern about the discrepancy in the overtime pay on the employee's payslip, To correct this issue, one solution would be to reverse the payment and then reprocess it with the accurate overtime figures. This should reflect the correct amount on the payslip.

Prior to reversing the payment, ensure that the employee setup contains the correct overtime details. Once confirmed, you can proceed with reversing the payment transaction and reprocessing it with the accurate figures. You may also take a look at this Help article, Paying Overtime - NZ, as guidance in setting up and processing overtime pay.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help.

If my response has answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

VivC1
      User

Hi and thanks for the reply, but this doesn't solve my problem. (probably me not explaining it clearly or understanding your answer)

An example would be

Payroll > Employee > standard pay shows Overtime rate $45.00

however when I try to process his overtime pay

An example would be

Overtime 1.5 13.25 hours 45.00 596.25

Spoiler
      instead of the rate of $45.00 showing theres 1.5

This means that every payslip that has overtime I have to manually calculate the hourly overtime rate.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi VivC1,

Thank you for your response.

In reference to the discrepancy, you've noticed between the set $45 overtime rate under the standard pay from the employee's card and the default rate of 1.5 displayed during payrun processing for overtime, it seems to relate to the setup of the pay item "Overtime."

To resolve this issue promptly, could you please review and confirm the rate entered in the overtime pay item window? Please see the attached screenshot for your reference:

Please let me know how you get along and if you require any further assistance. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess