Forum Discussion

JaniceM
Contributing User
2 months ago
Solved

Payroll YTD figures are incorrect.

I prepared a spreadsheet of each pay slip to get the correct YTD total and the YTD totals in MYOB do not agree. 

The YTD totals, in MYOB, were correct as at Nov 23. The employee was terminated in December 23 - (only a redundancy / retirement payment was made for him). The termination payment appears on the YTD but the wages paid for November are now not included in the YTD. I cannot finalise his employment or provide him with a Payment Summary as the figures the ATO have are incorrect.

• Hi JaniceM 

I would recommend you first check the Payroll Register Summary YTD report to ensure all employee's totals are correct - this is where MYOB takes the figures from for STP Reporting. If the figures going to the ATO are wrong for this employee, they might well also be wrong for other employees. MYOB may have failed to update all totals for some unknown reason.

If all others are correct and only this employee's is wrong, using suggestion by Earl_HD may well fix the employee's income statement, however your P&L should also be reviewed. I would recommend having this all checked by someone who knows what they are doing, in case one fix creates more problems.

Regards

Gavin

15 Replies

JaniceM
    Contributing User

Further to above request for help:

The P&L figures and the Payroll activity report both agree with the spreadsheet I did of each pay slip.

However the YTD Pay-run history report and the YTD vertification report do not agree - they are out by the Novemeber payroll.  Hence the ATO Income Statement provided by the ATO has the same discrepancy.

I can provide the spreadsheet detailing all the above.

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi JaniceM,

It's great to have you in our Community Forum!

Thank you for your post. The discrepancy could be due to the total amount of an inactive employee not showing in the activity and register report. If any payments have been altered at any point over the year (amended over/under payments, reversed or deleted a pay), it could cause discrepancies as every report through STP is reflected in the BAS Portal, and those figures do not update as per YTD figures. I suggest checking the payroll reports first to see if they agree with the YTD verification report under EOFY.

However, if the figures are still not matching, given the complexity of these issues, may we have the spreadsheets and those payroll reports showing discrepancies in the figures for reference? Please note to hide any important details shown on the screenshot before posting it here in the forum.

We're looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Shella

JaniceM
      Contributing User

I cannot delete the company details from the reports, can you advise how to do so and I will then send the reports.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi JaniceM

Thanks for the update. If you aren't able to remove those important details from the report, kindly send me the report via private message.

Thanks,

Shella