Forum Discussion

Slurry
Experienced User
4 months ago
Solved

Wages short paid

Hi

My client paid a staff member $27 short on wages.  This was paid the next day.

He paid $1152 and then $27 - How do I match this to the employee's pay?

Thanks

• Hi Slurry,

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for any delay in our response.

If you've received two separate bank transactions, one for $1152 and another for $27, it is advisable to reverse the original payment and then reprocess it into two payments. For instance, you'll need to reprocess the $1152, ensuring that the details of the original pay, such as the PAYG, super, accrued leave deductions, and other details, remain the same. Subsequently, create a second pay for the $27 wages and zero out the remaining fields to maintain consistency in the reported amount to the ATO.

After reprocessing, you should then be able to match the bank transaction to your payroll data.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you get along and if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi Slurry,

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for any delay in our response.

If you've received two separate bank transactions, one for $1152 and another for $27, it is advisable to reverse the original payment and then reprocess it into two payments. For instance, you'll need to reprocess the $1152, ensuring that the details of the original pay, such as the PAYG, super, accrued leave deductions, and other details, remain the same. Subsequently, create a second pay for the $27 wages and zero out the remaining fields to maintain consistency in the reported amount to the ATO.

After reprocessing, you should then be able to match the bank transaction to your payroll data.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how you get along and if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess