Forum Discussion

bug1
Contributing User
8 months ago
Solved

window.open is not a function

Hi all;

Whilst doing payroll this fortnight, i found myself unable to 'View pay slip', i am in the 'Pay run details' page, and press 'View PDF' but i dont get the payslip.

The error i get is 'window.open is not a function' with a red border towards the top of the screen.

Attached should be a image which shows the error.

Other menus arent working properly either, such as 'import and export data'

I use Firefox under Linux (debian), and various plugins for security, which could be triggering the problem.

Anyone else struck this problem ?

• It works as expected if if open firefox in safe mode ie.

> firefox --safe-mode

So i guess an incompatibility has crept in with a plugin i use.

(I would have liked to post this to somewhere more specific, but couldnt find an appropriate topic)

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bug1
    Contributing User

It works as expected if if open firefox in safe mode ie.

> firefox --safe-mode

So i guess an incompatibility has crept in with a plugin i use.

(I would have liked to post this to somewhere more specific, but couldnt find an appropriate topic)

Leneth_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi bug1

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for letting us know about your concern. We regret that you encountered issues when processing the payroll due to the error window. open is not a function. We appreciate your patience and effort on this matter. We are glad that you have managed to solve your inquiry. Thanks for sharing it with the MYOB Community as well so that others can benefit. Regarding your question about the appropriate topic for your post, it is on the correct board for payroll concerns.

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers, 
      Leneth

bug1
        Contributing User

The plugin that is causing problems is AdNauseam, which shouldn't intentionally cause problems, i guess its a bug on their part.