Forum Discussion

WGR
Contributing Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

Customer payments

What has happened to creating a customer payment. It was under the sales drop down. I used it if a customer overpaid on an invoice so the balance could be allocated against a future invoice.

How do I now allocate a customer overpayment? 

• Hi WGR,

Thank you for your post. 

I think that this is the customer return when you click on Sales. This will allow you to create a customer return for any overpayments, from which you can choose whether you want to apply the overpaid amount to an invoice or refund the customer. You can also hold onto credit to apply to a future invoice. To allocate a customer overpayment, please refer to this Help article for further information. 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'd be delighted to help you.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi WGR,

Thank you for your post. 

I think that this is the customer return when you click on Sales. This will allow you to create a customer return for any overpayments, from which you can choose whether you want to apply the overpaid amount to an invoice or refund the customer. You can also hold onto credit to apply to a future invoice. To allocate a customer overpayment, please refer to this Help article for further information. 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'd be delighted to help you.

Cheers,

Princess