Forum Discussion

smileykylie1982
Trusted User
5 months ago
Solved

Double up credit card invoice payment

Hello,

A customer of mine has somehow paid the same invoice twice using a credit card online. The invoice now shows a credit, which is correct.

The same customer has an outstanding invoice for a lesser ammount, but because this is a credit card payment the system is not letting me do anything with it, and it doesn't show up in my bank transactions. I believe the customer may have accidentally paid the first invoice twice instead of paying the second invoice. (shouldn't the first invoice showed as paid when he went to pay it, considering it was an online payment?)

What is the correct way to manage this double payment since it is an online credit card payment?

Ideally I would like to use the credit to pay the outstanding invoice and then I can apply the difference as a credit to his next invoice or refund it.

The last time I tried to correct a problem with a credit card payment I ended up with the surcharge existing forever in my undeposited funds account...

Thanks,

Kylie.

• I think I have worked it out

I noticed that the credit unintuitively appeared in the "customer returns" menu, but from there I was able to easily apply the credit to the outstanding invoice and issue a refund for the remaining credit ammount!

Kylie.

2 Replies

• I think I have worked it out

I noticed that the credit unintuitively appeared in the "customer returns" menu, but from there I was able to easily apply the credit to the outstanding invoice and issue a refund for the remaining credit ammount!

Kylie.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi smileykylie1982,

Thank you for your post.

That's fantastic to hear! It's great that you found a workaround through the "customer returns" menu to apply the credit and issue the refund smoothly. Your resourcefulness in navigating the system is appreciated. For future reference in handling credit, you may look at this Help article: Customer returns, credits, and refunds.

Please feel free to start a new post if you need help in the future. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess